On May 3 the Expert Board of the Shakhmardan Yessenov Foundation approved the list of winners of the Internships in IT startups in the USA competition. As planned, we chose five. Let us meet them.
1. Alexandra Kim (22, Astana) — student of Nazarbayev University, studies computer science (Informatics).
2. Yernar Amergaliev (26, Astana), a web engineer and mobile apps developer, studied at the Gumilev Eurasian National University and Malaysian Multimedia University. Originally from Ekibastuz.
3. Aigul Imadildayeva (30, Almaty), a graduate of KazNTU, graduated from University of Technology (Malaysia), working as a system analyst in one of Kazakhstan banks.
4. Nursultan Yerezhepov (25, Astana), graduated from the Kazakh-British Technical University, works as a coder. A developer.
5. Abai Nusupbekov (29, Almaty) – last but not least of the five winners. A PhD graduate and Deputy Head of the Department of Information Systems at the Suleyman Demirel University.
In accordance with the provisions of the competition, the Foundation will finance the winners’ internship: visa, flight and transport expenses as well as accommodation and meals. The Expert Board, which decided the fate of 74 competition’s participants, is: Eldar Akhmetgaliev (PhD, member of the Board of Trustees of Shakhmardan Yessenov Foundation), Arman Suleimenov — Director General, ZeroToOneLabs.com, Nurlybek Kasimov (PhD), Yerlan Idelbayev (PhD student) and Askhat Akhmetzhanov (Facebook).
For a month, the winners of the competition jointly with the Foundation’s experts will look for suitable IT startups in Silicon Valley. The internships are expected to be held tentatively from June to November 2016.