Ever wanted to do an internship in the Silicon Valley? Do you think you could succeed in the home of the world’s largest IT companies? Could it be that you are the next Mark Zuckerberg?
The Shakhmardan Yessenov Science and Education Foundation announces a grant competition for internships in some of the most fast growing startups in Silicon Valley (CA, USA). The competition is open to the citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The key selection criteria are your professional skills and the yearning for personal growth. Whether you already are a professional or still doing your BA/MA in IT, what matters is what you want you are interested in becoming. The program of Internships in IT startups in USA is your chance to turn the tide on your career.
Dates: July 2016 – December 2016 (6 months)
Eligibility criteria for the IT specialist:
• Front end developer (or full stack)
• Back end developer (or full stack)
Required knowledge: proficiency in one or more of the following languages/technologies: Python, Php, C#, Java, Ruby, NodeJS
• System level programmer
Required knowledge: C/C++, WinAPI/Linux kernel. 2+ years work experience
• Data scientist
Required knowledge: Python, MATLAB/Octave/R. Strong math background - MS (PhD preferred) in CS or other tech discipline. Knowledge of machine learning frameworks.
• Mobile developer
Required knowledge: Objective-C/Java/C#, Cocoa/Unity, SQL/SQLite. Having complete products is strongly preferred.
• Database engineer
Required knowledge: SQL and NoSQL(Oracle/MongoDB), Distributed computing (Hadoop)
• English, upper-intermediate (7.0 IELTS or 100 TOEFL ibt or other way to show fluency)
• Bachelor of Science in CS or other tech discipline (math, physics, and engineering) is a plus.
• Knowledge of source control (git/svn/…), command line/ssh, testing, developer methodologies (Agile/spiral/…), cloud familiarity (AWS/Azure/...).
• Work experience 1+ years
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the requirements, please provide the following papers before March 31, 2016:
• Completed application, resume, scan of ID , essay, and letters of recommendation;
• Detailed portfolio illustrating your achievements in IT field;
• Copies of additional certificates and diplomas
The documents must be submitted to the Foundation’s office and/or sent to its email:
050040, Almaty, 36 al-Farabi ave, block B, 4th floor, email@example.com
Please, make sure to follow up with the team of the foundation to confirm we have received your application:
Tel.: + 7 727 349 40 04, + 7 727 349 40 05